The Extron eLink 100 is a professional-grade wireless transmitter and receiver set for extension of HDMI video and multi-channel audio up to 100 feet (30 meters). This HDCP-compliant extender features a robust wireless communication technology to ensure high reliability and real-time performance with exceptional image quality for resolutions up to 1920x1080, including HDTV 1080p/60. It includes features designed specifically for professional AV systems such as AES-128 encryption to ensure a secure link and use of the 5 GHz spectrum for transmission through multiple walls. Extron eLink™ technology ensures reliable operation of up to four eLink extender sets, even if other wireless systems are within the same facility. In addition to point-to-point designs, one transmitter can support four receivers to create a wireless distribution system.
The eLink 100 Professional Wireless Extender for HDMI is ideal for use in AV applications that benefit from wireless connection between a source and a display device. For example, the eLink 100 can provide signal extension from a media server or Blu-ray Disc player to a display positioned at the front of a presentation room without having unsightly cables stretched between source and display. In divisible spaces, a wireless connection enables a portable lectern to be moved anywhere within the room regardless of the location of floor boxes. For historic buildings, a wireless connection from the source or equipment room to the display can reduce or eliminate expensive and time-consuming structural modifications such as the need to core or trench concrete for cable runs. Wireless connections also simplify the setup and teardown in rental and staging applications.
For connection stability within environments with multipath signals, the eLink 100 uses a robust multi-input and multi-output - MIMO communication technology that reliably delivers high quality video and audio with real-time performance. MIMO technology provides maximum throughput to enable precise image transmission of high resolution video with ultra-low latency, which makes the extender suitable for live presentations. Use of the 5 GHz spectrum allows omnidirectional transmission through walls and furniture.
Extron’s eLink technology enables discrete operation in the presence of the facility’s WLAN and other wireless systems as well as around smartphones, tablets, and additional eLink 100 extenders. Automatic Frequency Selection - AFS, including Dynamic Frequency Selection - DFS, actively monitors the RF spectrum to identify and select an available channel, avoiding interference from other devices.
The included professional-grade technologies enable up to four eLink 100 transmitter and receiver sets to operate within the same space and without disrupting other wireless systems. Also, one transmitter can support multiple receivers, creating a virtual wireless distribution system. A single eLink 100 T transmitter can support up to four eLink 100 R receivers, allowing a single source such as a digital signage player to support multiple displays. The eLink 100 is also compatible with a broad range of multi-channel audio signals, providing reliable operation with HDMI devices, DSP mixers, and professional sound systems. This design flexibility further reduces costs and simplifies the upgrade or installation and setup of a professional AV system.
The eLink 100 wireless extender is backed by Extron's award-winning service and support. The compact transmitter and receiver enclosures may be concealed or mounted in adjacent areas to maintain the aesthetics of the facility.
- Reliable, professional-grade wireless extension of HDMI video and multi-channel audio signals up to 100 feet (30 meters)
- Input: HDMI connector - eLink 100 T
- Output: HDMI connector - eLink 100 R
- Capable of transmitting through multiple walls and furniture — The eLink 100 wireless extender works in the 5 GHz spectrum to provide broad coverage and transmission through walls and similar materials, overcoming limitations of other technologies that are more directional or limited to line-of-sight.
- Supports computer video up to 1920x1080, including HDTV 1080p/60
- Supported HDMI specification features include data rates up to 6.75 Gbps, Deep Color up to 12-bit, 3D, and multi-channel audio formats
- HDCP Compliant
- Ultra-low latency transmission of video and audio signals — Latency of less than one millisecond ensures high quality wireless operation with real-time performance.
- Professional-grade technology enables simultaneous transmission from one transmitter to as many as four receivers — One transmitter can support multiple receivers, allowing an AV signal to be distributed to as many as four displays.
- AES 128-bit Data Encryption — Ensures content sent between the transmitter and receiver is fully encrypted and secure.
- Actively monitors RF spectrum to select the ideal transmission channels — Provides Automatic Frequency Selection – AFS and Dynamic Frequency Selection – DFS, using the most appropriate frequencies to avoid interference from other devices operating in the same spectrum.
- Supports multiple embedded audio formats — The eLink 100 is compatible with a broad range of multi-channel audio signals, providing reliable operation with HDMI devices and surround sound systems.
- eLink™ wireless technologies allow as many as four transmitter and receiver sets to operate within the same space — Enables point-to-point signal extension between up to four eLink 100 transmitter and receiver pairs without risk of interference or signal loss.
- Multi-input and multi-output, or MIMO, wireless technology provides robust connection — Ensures wireless connections are stable and function in environments with multipath signals.
- Cost-effective alternative to cable installation — Reduces installation time and costs associated with signal extension by eliminating the need to install cables in challenging environments, such as within historic buildings, rooms with mobile lecterns, as well as rental and staging applications.
- On-screen display — The eLink 100 features an on-screen display for simplified setup and configuration.
- IR remote control — The included IR remote control provides easy control for configuration and setup.
- IR output control port — The eLink 100 R receiver accepts IR signals from a remote control and sends the signal to the transmitter for control of source equipment, such as a Blu-ray Disc player.
- Compact design for easy installation into small spaces or behind equipment
- Energy-efficient, external universal power supply included — Provides worldwide power compatibility.
- Extron three-year parts and labor warranty